The tailor's art is that of transforming regular cloth, leather, and thread into magnificent vestments fit for an archon, fearsome uniforms of elite fighting units, or modest coverings to warm old bones on frigid nights.
To become a professional tailor, you must be trained by the craft guild of a major city. Go to the craft guild office and BUY TAILORING PERMIT. The crafting guild assesses a fee of 100 credits for the permit, which does not expire. Once a licensed tailor, you will have basic ability in the Tailoring miniskill. The more you train in this skill, the higher quality your products will be, in durability and in prestige.
To produce an item of clothing, simply purchase a clothing design from your local crafts shop using DESIGN BUY. Then, with the components required on hand (indicated by the design), you can SEW [qty] to create your new garment.
Once you have attained Expert skill in tailoring, you will gain the coveted ability to design clothing of your own. This process is a bit more involved.
1) Purchase a blank design using DESIGN REQUEST.
2) Acquire a design of the same type as the garment you wish to design (hat, belt, pants, etc.), then DESIGN COPY. This will make a copy of the existing pattern on your blank design.
3) Customize your design's appearance when worn, when viewed in a room, and when examined closely:
DESIGN APPEARANCE , DESIGN DROPPED , DESIGN EXAMINED . DESIGN EXAMINED EDIT. DESIGN WORN 1P . DESIGN WORN 3P . DESIGN REMOVED 1P . DESIGN REMOVED 3P .
When designing worn and removed messages, you must use certain conventions to establish where the wearer's name fits into the message.
$(name$) = Wearer's name $(him$) = Him/her $(his$) = His/her $(he$) = He/she
This is just an example: $(name$) wraps the belt around $(his$) waist before $(he$) ties it in an intricate knot.
4) Take your design to a craft guild office and DESIGN SUBMIT. The craft guild will review your sketch and approve it if it meets the guidelines.
5) When the design is approved, you will be notified by a message. Return to the craft guild office, and DESIGN PAY FEE to pay the approval fee so you can begin crafting it.
Use DESIGN LIST DRAFT TAILORING to list all of the unsubmitted sketches you are holding.
Use PATTERNS to list all your approved tailoring designs. Adding an argument on the end, e.g. PATTERNS SHIRT, will list all tailoring designs that match that type.
Once you have attained Transcendent skill in tailoring, you will have the ability to make up to ten of your tailoring designs permanent by doing DESIGN PERMANENCE ON
P.S. Try SHOWOFF to display your fabulous clothing to the rest of the world, you gorgeous thing you.